View Single Post
Old 14-12-2009, 16:02   #12
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Convince me on the PS3

I've had my 360 since launch day four years ago, & my PS3 since the end of 2007.

For multiplatform stuff, I do normally favour the 360 version over the PS3 version, purely for Achievements or XBL. As above, that's probably more due to having had a 360 for longer. If I had the PS3 for longer, & so had a bigger PSN Friend List than XBL, & more Trophies than Achievements, I'd probably swing more towards the PS3 version of anything on both systems.

The PS3 gets a lot of use for exclusives (IMO it's worth it just for Uncharted etc.). It's also used a lot for media... Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, streaming xvid/divx etc. I rarely ever use the 360 for media now, as it's noisier than the PS3, plus the PS3 has that bit better container & codec support for videos. It also gets used for iPlayer (something the 360 will never see, due to MS wanting it to be for XBL Gold only).

I do probably game on the 360 more than the PS3, because of usually getting 360 versions of multiplatform games, but I think they both have fairly equal overall use. I certainly don't regret getting the PS3 (whereas every now & then I am tempted to trade in my Wii... although I can't do that until I finally play Mario Galaxy).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote