View Single Post
Old 14-12-2009, 12:26   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Convince me on the PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am very tempted to buy a PS3 in the new year. Why you ask? Well, The new hardware is tempting especially considering the reports of it being very quiet (making a change from my xbox which whirs with puppy like excitement every time I play with it) and there are a couple of exclusives I want to play! Namely, Little Big Planet and Uncharted. The Blu-Ray player would be a bonus as well.

So, What are the positives of a PS3 that I do not have with the XBox?

What good games are on PSN? Is the online play good?
Built-in WiFi (if you need it)

Built-in Blu-ray player

Free online multiplayer

BBC iPlayer

Quieter than a 360

More reliable than a 360

Slightly better media support than a 360

------------

Online multiplayer is good. It isn't as good as XBL, as it doesn't yet have cross-game chat/invites & simply doesn't have the level of integration that XBL has, but, well, it is 100% free.

The BD function is very good.

Some of the exclusive games are excellent. I bought my PS3 2 years ago pretty much just for Uncharted & the BD player (whereas I bought my 360 for... PDZ ... and had to wait quite some time until there were really any decent games for it).

Heavenly Sword is a very good, very cinematic, hack 'n' slash. More fun IMO than Ninja Gaiden & DMC4.

LittleBIGPlanet is excellent. Very good single player & multiplayer, plus there's also the whole creative side of it too if you're into that.

Uncharted 1 is IMO the best game of 2007. Absolutely awesome game. Graphics, sound, gameplay, story, voice acting.

Uncharted 2 is IMO the best game of 2009, even better than Uncharted 1, & is one of the best games I've played in ages. It's also Metacritic's highest rated game of 2009 (any platform), plus won Game of the Year, Best PS3 Game & Best Graphics at the recent Spike Videogame Awards.

MGS4 is excellent, despite the rather long cut-scenes.

Killzone 2 is meant to be very good, although I've still not gotten around to playing it.

God of War 3 is due out next year, & should be awesome. The PS2's God of War 1 & 2 have been re-released, remastered at 60fps in 720p HD with AA, as the "God of War Collection" for the PS3 (US import only at the moment). Very good if you've not played them before.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote