View Single Post
Old 20-09-2016, 09:07   #624
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
as a leave voter i fully expected to loose and had prepared myself to accept the democratic outcome but against the odds we won, i now find i have no tolerance for the remoaners in fact their attitude to democracy disgusts me .
they lost the argument its now time to accept that, not constantly bitch about another vote because they don't like the outcome of the democratic process .
That wouldn't have happened though. Brexit supporters would have been looking for reasons and opportunities to have another vote. They said so themselves. Nor did those supporters accept the result of 1975 referendum forever more, they argued there was a material change to the organisation they voted to join then.

There isn't a cause to rerun the referendum again under current circumstances. We voted to leave and democracy should take it's course there. However what can be done by democracy and be undone by democracy and, just as Brexiters argued about the material change to the EU, Remain supporters can do the same if there is a reason to do so.

Ian Hislop said it best here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nI_4uXzD4

Remain supporters are entitled to keep arguing for their position. Dissent is part of democracy and to expect the 48% to just shut up is itself anti-democratic.