View Single Post
Old 28-01-2010, 20:29   #60
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
re: The Apple iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Ahhh.... all of a sudden I am interested but maybe for a slightly unusual reason. Naysayers say nay but with the right apps: as a touch screen midi control surface for musicians it's cheaper than a Lemur.
That was my thought as well. There are some good iPhone/iPod Touch apps that are geared towards using the device as a peripheral connected to a computer (there's a nice one that lets you use it for controlling Cubase, and then there's TouchOSC that gives you controls for any MIDI device). With the extra resolution on the iPad I could see it being a nice addition to Logic/Garageband for such things as controlling the mixer for example. It could also be nice for digital DJ software such as Traktor or VirtualDJ.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote