View Single Post
Old 28-01-2010, 17:35   #57
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
re: The Apple iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
The iPhone OS is a cut down OSX..

As for the courier, it might be an idea to wait for actual hardware. Microsoft demonstrate a *lot* of advanced and rather nifty looking systems that then don't make it into an actual product.

If you can find them, look at Microsoft's original videos of what they planned for "Longhorn" (the OS released under the name "Vista"). They had planned a far more revolutionary redesign of the interface (one that would have enforced the idea of working with documents and not applications to the point where it would have been difficult to see what app you are using) than the one they developed.
Yes but isnt the iphone OS so heavily cut down cmopared to OSX Its like comparing windows mobile 5 to windows 7. I meant more like the slightly cut down tablet editions and netbook editions of windows and some linux distros.
And yes I do agree about microsoft, I'm still waiting for the windows desktop thingy to become standard hardware, I think they predicted a 2010/2011 release and from what I hear that's nowhere near likely (Though It was nice to see it have a cameo in Quantum of Solace).
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote