View Single Post
Old 28-01-2010, 16:31   #55
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
re: The Apple iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte View Post
I'm not an apple fan in the slightest, infact the only apple product I have is an Ipod Nano 5th gen.
However when I saw this and its price which I thought was reasonable at first I was very tempted. That is until I realised it is basically running the Iphone OS. I just don't understand it, surely the hardware is up to running a cut down OSX? I have to say though even after finding out what OS it is running I would be very tempted if it was just a bit cheaper. I have used older tablet PCs to do exactly what the iPad is designed for, and though they got the job done there was something seriously lacking in the interface. And lets face interfaces are what apple do best.
Though after seeing punkys link, I think the courier is a much better idea, especially if the two screens work together to make one big screen when needed (two displays is cool but sometimes one bigger screen is better).
The iPhone OS is a cut down OSX..

As for the courier, it might be an idea to wait for actual hardware. Microsoft demonstrate a *lot* of advanced and rather nifty looking systems that then don't make it into an actual product.

If you can find them, look at Microsoft's original videos of what they planned for "Longhorn" (the OS released under the name "Vista"). They had planned a far more revolutionary redesign of the interface (one that would have enforced the idea of working with documents and not applications to the point where it would have been difficult to see what app you are using) than the one they developed.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote