View Single Post
Old 18-11-2016, 04:12   #1116
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think this can all change in December, when the electoral colleges meet.

Clinton won the vote of the Nation. Similar to the UK voting system
No it can't and no she did not, because the 'Nation' is not spread out evenly across the US. I pointed out in the image I posted pages back, which you have either blatantly ignored or missed, illustrates why the Electoral College vote exists.

If it went with the Popular vote, the West/East Coast, typically leaning democratic and very heavily populated compared to rest of US, would always be the areas which decide the Election and you cannot have that because vast rural areas of Middle America's voting population would not get a second look in.

AND...

Even if they DO some how decide to vote against their own States wishes, the final decision will then go before the Republican controlled congress on 6th Jan 2017, who would then have the ultimate final decision on the Electoral College votes.