View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 23:05   #1
200thhorseman
Inactive

Services: 30Mb Broadband, TiVo, V+, M Phone and Two Virgin Mobiles
200thhorseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Superhub Port Forwarding Problems

Dear all,

I am a bit of an IT tinkerer and like to set things up just to see if I can get them working.

I currently have a web server running on my home network and would like to be able to access the page from outside of my LAN.

With my pre-Superhub setup (the little black Virgin modem and a Linksys WRT54G router) this was a piece of cake. I just forwarded port 80 to the IP address of my web server (192.168.0.2) and everything worked fine (I used DynDNS to forward my domain name to my external IP address).

I upgraded to a Superhub and 30Meg broadband about 6 months ago however at the time didn't setup my web server.

This evening I thought I might have a go at setting it up agian. I duly forwarded port 80 to the IP address of my server inside my LAN using the Supehub's web interface, however this time it doesn't work. I used the ShieldsUp port scanner and it indicates that port 80 is still closed.

I have searched the net and it is apparent that I am not the only one having difficulties with port forwarding on the Superhub.

Question - Does anyone know if the problem is definitely the Superhub, or am I missing something?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Rob
200thhorseman is offline   Reply With Quote