View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 00:53   #8
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sapphire hd 7850 oc 2gb gddr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hm, not sure, but i think mine is a PCI-E 2.0, i thought that if you had any PCI-E motherboard then most cards would be ok, so what you're saying is that my board will not be able to support the above card?
Your board will support the card fine and not be limited at pcie 2 x8. I would say that card would be fine all the way down to pcie 2 x8 which is equivalent to pcie 3 x4, pcie 2 x16 would be preferable for the current highest end single cards 7900's and 680 and I am not even sure if the upcomming dual gpu solutions from amd and nvidia will even need more than pcie 2 x16's maximum and warrant the need for pcie 3.

These are also just limitations at the end of the day you could put any card into a pcie connector wired at 1x and it would work, just nowhere near its potential.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote