Thread: 200M ADSL 2+ for gaming
View Single Post
Old 29-05-2017, 13:48   #12
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: ADSL 2+ for gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROTER View Post
I have never witnessed pings that low to Europe, lucky to get that in mainland UK? Are you a VM spin doctor!

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Even on the best Internet playing in a west coast server would give you a 160 ms ping from the UK. Given a average human reaction time is around 250 ms you would get owned by people on the west coast and America with low pings.
Before you go jumping ship, I'd be extra cautious that the issues you're seeing are indeed caused by the PUMA issue. There's nothing conclusive to say that it genuinely affects gaming, with plenty of people saying it does and plenty of people (including myself) saying it doesn't.

The last thing you want to do is change providers only to find your issue persists.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote