View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 11:32   #1706
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
There was a post from one of the installers that said it was put on hold due to a problem with the activation system that meant an install would take an impossibly long time to do. I guess it depends on whether they can do self-installs for some customers. Plus there are reports that urgent fix/updates are required, especially for it it work with some brands of tv.
They had activation problems with the original TiVo rollout. From what I recall from the briefing we were given (It was like 5 years ago now, so forgive me if the details are off), it's something to do with how the box gets activated with both Virgin (like any CPE) and Tivo themselves. Effectively, if it doesn't get activated correctly on one of the two systems, the box bricked itself or something daft like that.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote