View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 22:39   #39
whosyagamer
Inactive

whosyagamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly Communications

Hi shoot2thrill,

I just want to give my opinion as I had a bad experience and a few other people that I know of who started when I did last October have also left. Kelly's will work you very hard and it will be long hours here are a few things to consider:-

No cost to driving to work, just the time to get to jobs
You get a van, tools, fuel card and smartphone to pull jobs down.
You get £25 per job for telegraph pole work and £15 for MI (FTTC).
The first 3 days you will be signing lots of documents and have to pass a van driving test in Birmingham.
The training are BT accreditations and they are a refresher course not a full course and a City and Guilds course over 6 days in Coventry at PQMS.
You need to pay for all your travel expenses getting there and then claim them back at the end of the tax year.
When you get you van you take a coach to Dunstable and then have to drive back to the training in Coventry
You could be just driving for 6-8 hours a day before even making any money.
Days can be 16 hours plus early starts and late finishes.
You need to complete 6 jobs a day when you start anymore is a bonus.
Tools, fuel card and phone could take quite a few weeks to come and you.
Sometimes you are not supplied with all the tools needed for the job so you have to fail them.
The van tools are audited.
They could put jobs on you really late in the day and you don't have time to complete them and you have to send them back.
People have been known to be sent out on the MI jobs without any training and not all the tools needed.
Beware of the contract there is a clause in it if you leave before 12 months they charge you £500 for training.
Most times they don't put you up in a hotel if you are working away all week from home, so expect to drive 3-4 hours there and back everyday.
Beware of Labourforce who do the tax and pay you, make sure they pay you every 2 weeks and don't let Kelly's or Labourforce rip you off (I left 2 months ago and still owed money).
Openreach audit the jobs so if they fail that job you will not get a penny for all the work you did and will take the money back.
BT stores do not always have everything you need to complete the jobs the best ones to go to are the main BT hub stores.
Beware of faults in the BT network as if you do a lot of work and then find out it fails because of a BT fault.
Managers want all jobs closed by a certain time in the evening even if you have done most of the work and will ask you to fail them losing money.
You can't go back to the same job you did the day before you didn't complete (what happens is another engineer will do the rest and get all the money).
Be prepared to lie a lot.

I hope this helps.
whosyagamer is offline   Reply With Quote