Bradge
Inactive

Bradge is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post
BEWARE !!! KELLYS RIP U OFF

What a dreadful company.
After attending an induction+accreditation course (BT openreach) i started working for these people. After a few days it became clearly apparent that they could not organise a **** up in a brewery.
Nethertheless i foolishly stayed for two weeks in the hope that things might change. They didn't so i resigned. Returned van and tools as requested.
Now i find out they are not paying me for the time i worked. As they have a sneeky clause in contract that docs £500 if you leave within 12mths. What a disgrace!! When i rang the accounts umbrella company they said that everybody is informed at induction.
No i wasn't!!!
Absolute disgrace!!
Now seeking legal advice.
Please ..Please..beware.....do not join them.

Connector, I would be very interested to see what legal advise you have been given in terms of being deducted £500 from kellys. I am in exactly the same situation. However i was paid for the training which was £540 for 9 days, then went on to work an additional 9 days before deciding that the company is a complete joke run by morons. I was expecting the pointless umbrella company to pay me £540 minus tax and their stupid fees for doing nothing. Instead i was paid £56. I looked into this and after weeks of phone calls back and forth and being fobbed off i discovered that i had been paid in full for the first 4days, then the second week i went out with a buddy (as the training was a joke!!!) and i had been paid £25 a day (price work not training wage) for 4 days not 5. So i was paid £340 instead of £540, and then all of that had been deducted due to the £500 training deduction. The £56 i received turned out to be a tax rebate and of course the umbrella company then taxed that and took of their fees as they havent a clue whats going on. In regards to the £500 deduction, i have contacted them many times about this as it was only mentioned in the umbrella company contract (which i did not sign) and therefore they have no legal right to deduct this. They just tell you to contact the umbrella company, then the umbrella company tells you they only pay you what they are toldto, so it is al down to keyys to sort it out but kellys wont have any of it. I want to take legal action against them aswell and was wondering what advise you have received and if there is any point in going ahead with it.

In terms of working for the company I would say NO NO NO NO NO! Dont waste your time and money on this ridiculous company. Bad pay, bad working conditions, bad management, bad training. On my first day we were asked to go to the head office for 7am, we waited until 10am before anyone came to talk to us. Then they went through a load of rubbish nd told us some home truths about working late which was never mentioned on the training. Then we were shown how to use our phones and had a chance to ask questions. Our main queston was how do we use our butt phone (new red ones that we hadnt been trained on because not even the training centre had been shown how to) Not one person in the whole head office knew how to use them but as the directors were in and complaining about us still being there we were rushed out of the car par and told to go to the stores to collect thing we need. After collecting stores it was 4pm. Unbelievably we were then sent alone to a job massively under trained. I was at my job until 8.30pm and had to go home as i couldnt see what i was doing in the dark and it was very dangerous to be up ladders on the side of the house weilding a hammer and powertools (no torch provided). I had to go back first thing in the morning to finish the job, fortunately the customer was very understanding. I should have told kellys to shove the job up their a*** right then, but foolishly i continued another 2weeks for nothing. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!

Rant over.
Bradge is offline   Reply With Quote