View Single Post
Old 21-12-2012, 10:17   #34
deafmishka
Inactive

deafmishka is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly Communications

I Agree BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY....
I also attended the training course which heavily pushed H & S although very quickly, only to find in the real world of Kelly all H & S is thrown into the wind.
After working in the field of 1 week I was placed on price work without any knowledge of being placed on price work and with out a phone where I could down load jobs. I was told to shadow another engineer until a phone arrived 3 weeks later.
The first i knew I was on price work was when I received my wages 75 pounds for a weeks work at 12 hours a day 5 days a week, on confronting the pay role I was given another number to talk to a manager who was more concerned on who had given me his number and basically had nothing to say.
Work is placed on your phone and opened for you, its not unusual to have 3 jobs placed on you at 16:30 hours and opened, looking like you are on the job in 3 places!
When contacting the powers above either the phone rings and rings or goes to voice mail, Managers don't want to know, your Field service operator will tel you to close jobs down either a Domestic fault or the Customer was not in, to bad if your the BT Open Reach customer who has stayed in or taken a day off work waiting for your new phone line or internet.
As for wages you are paid fortnightly through a 3rd Party who has no access to what hours or work has been done BUT charges you 12.50 including VAT A WEEK for the privilege of paying you every FORTNIGHT.

Kelly Managers seem to be only interested in getting the jobs off loaded on to the engineer and even if its dark still expect an engineer to climb poles and enter a BT Cabinet with a torch to fulfill the Managers quoter and Bonus.

I feel sad that a Company like Kelly can wreck a perfectly good business like BT and Kelly do not even have to go out looking for the work its handed to them on a plate.
ANY BODY CONTEMPLATING WORKING FOR KELLY PLEASE BEWARE.
deafmishka is offline   Reply With Quote