View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 10:14   #36
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Ah rip-off Britain. One of my favourite shows of how the gullible public don't know what they are doing.

Some key facts are absent from the story which I'd like to know. Notably what did the £8 relate to, when was said product taken out, under what terms and for what purpose? Did he notify to cancel? If so, when and why didn't he check his bill at that time?

I guess we will never know. However the current mindset is that companies are wrong and the public wh don't read terms and conditions are automatically mis-sold. The news article recently about people outside the minimum term of mobile contracts still paying full price a classic example. If someone hasn't set a reminder or doesn't log in to find out when they can upgrade or switch to SIM only that is their own fault.
When you sign up for a new phone with an element of paying for that phone over say 24 months it is not acceptable under any circumstances for the supplying company to continue to charge you for the purchase element of the phone after that 24 months.

The contract should be explicit on the payment terms, i.e. 24 months payments at £X pm then 25th payment onwards at £Y pm.

It is not down to the customer to police this, although it is prudent for the customer to check the correct payments have been taken, it is down to the supplying company to ensure it only takes money it is entitled to.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote