View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 22:07   #13
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Intermittent Connectivity - What to do?

Yes, he said there where crossing or something (low was high and high was low) while the fault was occuring and a few minutes later (or whatever it was) everything was back to normal with good signal levels and snr. He was very interested as it was a non-standard fault. He said he had a similar one that was caused by a boiler switching itself on, but as this was random times in the day he doesn't think its an outside thing thats causing it.

He hoped that the HDU will put us high up from the noise 'line' so that the dropouts will not occur, but as there still occur (but not as often with the hdu installed) its either the cable from the green box or the green box itself (amp or the attenuator in the amp). As my neighbours are having some problems its likely to the later but he needs evidence from networks it is or they be doing a repull.

It could also be still an area fault that causing it. Ringing the status line theres been a fault in my postcode area nearly all of this week but I would have thought this would have been flagged before this.

I suppose I'll find out tomorrow if its just my connection or if others in the area are having the same problem. The problem is the cabinent is right outside of the house (at the side of the property) so maybe the problem is amplified due to the closeness of it. It hasn't dropped, however, since 10am so I think the HDU is helping.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote