View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 19:14   #11
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Intermittent Connectivity - What to do?

I think you where tlaking about my brother's thread (its my connection too) http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...wer-level.html .

We were lucky that infact that it was occuring when the tech arrived. The problem was identified to be "inverse tilt" where different set of frequencies would cross. However the problem was intermitted and it went back to normal while the engineer was doing his tests.

He then installed a HDU in attempt to put the connection above the barrier when tilting occurs. (He said with the amount of splitters and equipment we have we should have one anyways.)

This has partially worked as the downtime is now minimal in length but is frequent during timeslots of the day. e.g. between 6 and 8 am it might go down 6-7 times or whatever it does and its not a complete loss like before.

Luckily he came back to fit a new omnibox as he had none on his van.

Our connection and wiring is perfect from the house to the boxes with have. So any problems is either the wire coming into the property or at the box or at the cabinent.

As the neighbours have said their tv is breaking up as similar times he thinks is the cabinent but he needs proof it is.

So local networks will be looking at a tool called CARDI? or something like that which has snapshots of the network signals at the time to see if other equipment is doing the same thing (going offline, etc) which will be happening tomorrow (Monday). He has left us his contact number so we can get in touch.

If it is, then it will be past on for whoever can fixed the problem in the box. If its not then a repull is going to happen as thats the only point now where the problem is occurring. But he thinks its the green box as the neighbour's tv is/was going at roughly the same time of the day.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote