View Single Post
Old 26-01-2012, 00:21   #28
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: Sky Services Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
I currently do not have an active phone line but wiring in to the house does exist from before. If I move my BB to Sky and then get their landline, will they just activate the old wiring or can I ask them to instal a new line and socket (in to a room which did not previously have a socket).
The line is installed by Openreach so they will NOT fit a new socket if one is already there. They will simply reactivate the existing socket.
If there is a wire but no socket they will just fit a new socket where the old one was.

If you want the socket re-located then Sky cannot help. or more precisely you will need to escalate to tier2 and YOU will need to pay the install costs £150+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
I'm reading that as if your actual speed is significantly below the estimate you can cancel within the first 3 months. 3.9mb is mentioned as a benchmark.

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly?
You need to ask what the minimum speed is.

They do not have to tell you if you do not ask.

If they fail to provide this minimum speed then you need to go to technical then get the problem escalated.
Only tier2 technical can exempt you from the contract and they have to put a specific note on your account.
No note then you cannot cancel.

So not quite as simple as it would seem.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote