View Single Post
Old 20-12-2017, 19:32   #57
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8)

it is interesting how it has divided ppl. when I got into work after seeing it, the guy opposite me and another guy near him had the exact same negative feelings about the film, and didn't like certain scenes/aspects. Yet at the weekend I went out with some old work mates, and one asked what I thought, and I said I was disappointed, and he was surprised, as all his work mates had thought it was amazing!

You know what they say, you can't please all the fanboys all the time

Comparing it to Rogue One is unfair, as I think most ppl thought the reason that was so good, was that it was a good war film, set in the Star Wars universe, telling a story we wanted to hear, rather than being focused on the Star Wars Jedi mumbo jumbo

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

spoilers, well duh
The “backlash” against Star Wars: The Last Jedi, explained
link removed - as stated earlier in the thread, no spoilers, please

it is an interesting observation that normally the critics hate a blockbuster, yet the great unwashed can enjoy a film on face value for what it is, it's almost like we the people sometimes want to see a film like Armageddon, and sometimes something like Schindler's List, and realise there's room for all types

I think box office figures are often irrelevant to how "good" a film is, I think it was Waterworld which got panned, cost a stupid amount of money to make, but ppl still went to see it, because

a) sometimes ppl liek a popcorn brainless bit of fun
b) ppl wanted to see if it really was that bad

and so it got its money back, much to the annoyance of the professional critics

Last edited by Hugh; 20-12-2017 at 23:28.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote