View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 22:18   #9
Mechanicus
Inactive

Mechanicus will become famous soon enoughMechanicus will become famous soon enoughMechanicus will become famous soon enough
Re: £60? To Run a Cable? Really?

I know it's been over a month, but I finally got around to getting Sky HD. I phoned them up, and basically said "£60 to run a wire is too much, can you do a deal for me?" and the guy said right away that they can do it for £30. I tracked the order on the Sky website, and they even have a special 'Concession' code and name, so they clear offer this to lots of people.

I had to wait about a week for the installation, which was good as I expected to be put at the back of the line, behind all the new subscribers. The install went fine, the installer was a nice bloke, who did a neat job.

The box is quite a bit bigger than the old one, and makes a little bit of noise, even when off (the only way to shut it up entirely is to unplug it but it takes a few minutes to get started up again so it's not worth it). I am quite a light sleeper, and I got to sleep quite easily with it in my room. I expect I'll get used to it quite quickly, and won't notice it a week from now.

Thanks for the help!
Mechanicus is offline   Reply With Quote