View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:29   #6
Mechanicus
Inactive

Mechanicus will become famous soon enoughMechanicus will become famous soon enoughMechanicus will become famous soon enough
Re: £60? To Run a Cable? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well sky small print says

So you may be able to get it done cheaper than £60. Retentions may offer a free install if you go that route but they may not depending on how many people are churning at the moment.
I think it's a bit bloody cheeky of them to offer new customers (therefore lots more work - installing a dish, drilling holes etc.), and charge existing customers twice the amount. That's just money-grubbing, surely? What is the insentive for existing customers to upgrade (ie. give Sky more money!) when they are charging so much more? I don't even really care about the HD channels, I just want the box so I can record TV. I have a DVD Recorder, but it incredibly loud, and a right nightmare if I want to do anything with the programs I've recorded (it insists on converting several files into 1 .VOB file, which I then have to upload to my PC, and mess about chopping up and converting to a normal format!)

If I have to pay £60 installation, then £10 for channels I don't want, I won't bother. I mean, 4-6 months into the contract, I would have saved up enough money to get a better, quieter, more user-friendly DVD recorder.
In fact, screw it, that's what I'll do anyway.

Thanks for the info
Mechanicus is offline   Reply With Quote