View Single Post
Old 16-01-2015, 18:08   #3
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: Driving in Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
More than 3,500 fines have been issued in a single month for drivers using bus lanes in Cardiff.

Cardiff council handed out a total of 3,544 penalty notices during December 2014 - the first month the scheme was introduced.

A total of £12,950 has already been paid to the authority after 370 offenders paid the £35 charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-30856265

So that's a potential £124,040 if no-one fights the fine or goes to court IN ONE MONTH! And they are about to start fining drivers who don't use the yellow box junctions properly!

Maybe they should do something about the buses that don't use the bus lanes 'cos they're full of cyclists!
I wish they would re-continue and expand with the clampdown and fine on cyclists using pavements that they had in the Splott area last year. Also fine them for ignoring red lights, especially at junctions where there are pedestrian crossings.

I would also like to see the red light cameras on junctions extended to the bus lanes, I have often seen busses go through red lights after other traffic has stopped on the Newport Road/Colchester Avenue junction.

Lets have all types of road users treated equal.

Additonally I would like to see bus lanes scrapped where they are not big enough to fit busses into, this would cut down on accident in dangerous locations where busses encroach on an adjacent lane. In these instances the law of phycics makes it clear that there is not enough room for a bus lane but the council out one there anyway.