View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 04:47   #14
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: passport and 6 month rule

It's not really a rule in many places more of guidance. If you are there and get injured or sick then you may find yourself also needing a new passport to get home.

I travelled back to the UK in November with my son for a long weekend. I knew my passport was good. I got a new 10yr before I moved here. Checking in at the airport was fine also. Got to the baggage drop and they asked when I was planning on returning. Sunday, why? Oh your sons passport expires on Tuesday!

That was a close one.

And my son as a 5yr old dual national I think I just spent nearly $400 renewing both his passports and will be doing the same again in 5 years and again in 5 years and then he will be 15 and still not entitled to a 10 year passport so doing the same again in 5 years. Expensive this passport stuff.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote