View Single Post
Old 21-03-2004, 11:02   #9
Pritch
Inactive

Pritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nicePritch is just really nice
Re: Fax connection to Broadband Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartbe
1. Get a fax switch - this acts as a switch and will connect the line to the fax machine if it hears the tone. If there is no tone it will connect the line to the normal phone. These used to be pretty pricey but I dont know how much one will set you back now.
A word of warning I'd like to throw in here is that fax switches can confuse people. Certain models will give silence for a second or two, then carry on with something that sounds almost, but not quite, like ringtone, leading some people to believe that there's a problem with the line.

The type that I prefer (from a calling perspective) is the type that has the facility to give the caller a message, something along the lines of 'to send a fax, start transmission now, or hold the line to speak to someone'.

Of course, what you choose depends largely on how often you're going to be using it.
Pritch is offline   Reply With Quote