View Single Post
Old 21-03-2004, 11:39   #6
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fax connection to Broadband Help

Hi and to nthellworld.co.uk its nice to have you onboard

Fax machines send a tone during transmision. You can hear this if you answer a fax call by mistake a regular beep every 4 secs or so. this tone can be very usefull . There are three ways you can solve this.

1. Get a fax switch - this acts as a switch and will connect the line to the fax machine if it hears the tone. If there is no tone it will connect the line to the normal phone. These used to be pretty pricey but I dont know how much one will set you back now.

2. Program the multifuntion unit not to answer fax calls. When you answer the phone and here a fax machine press start/copy to recive the fax. You will of course need to get to the fax machine fast if you have another phone somewhere in the house then you will have to get to your computer room fast. This is the best option if you are a good runner

3. Buy a bog standard fax modem card for around 10-20 pounds, Program the multifunction unit not to answer the calls and use windows to answer the fax. You will need a splitter between the modem in the pc and the fax machine. If you have windows 2000 or xp then this software is built in and will put the fax in your my documents folder as an image. Please check if xp home does this. I know pro does but I am not so sure about home..

Hope this is of some help. If you need any more info then give me a shout.
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote