View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 19:17   #3102
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
LOTS of people. (Including me, as it happens)
Interesting that, despite your job with TiVo on VM, you don't have a PVR. This reminds me of a late friend who taught computing at a university.

When I first visited him at his home, I said that I was surprised that he didn't have a computer of his own. He replied "don't you think I see enough of the things at work all day, without having one at home as well"

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Because we are now getting the Asian channels temporarily for free, some of their programmes are appearing in my planned recordings.

As TiVo knows that I like horror films, it's tending to pick up a lot of this genre.

I'm surprised that the Asian channels are showing material like this as their religions tend to frown upon anything of a supernatural nature (I know some won't be religious, but most that I know purport to be so to various extents).

I might even watch some of them out of interest; anyone know what will happen when it's in Planned Recordings and VM encrypt the channels again?

Think I'll give the film about a man who married a tree a miss though . These foreign channels do show some odd things!