View Single Post
Old 24-04-2016, 16:40   #29
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: TV cost saving news item

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
LOl you're having a laugh, Amazon are making it very hard to sideload apps that aren't their own, as it's not in Amazons interests, plus the things only got 0.5 GB usable RAM for a few quid more you can get a proper non affiliated to anyone android box and load what you want. They also removed Kodi from their app store, wonder why that was... oh wait, it's not Amazons.
Go to Settings > System > Developer Options > Enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”

A tickbox is all that stops you from sideloading whatever the hell you want. Very hard.

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Still think that it would be useful to be able to access each others TiVos- I could watch a film that I forgot to record, whilst they could access mine for an episode of a drama that they missed where no alternative showing is scheduled.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-customer.html

Is this how Plex works?
More or less. Plex is cool, you set it up on the machine that has all your media and then any other plex app can log in and view it. It'll transcode the media if it needs to and stream it over LAN or internet.

That said, it has its flaws as well. When inside my network, I prefer good ol' Kodi to watch the stuff on my server, but outside the network Plex is by far the easiest.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote