Thread: xpsp2..
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2004, 14:33   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: xpsp2..

I am on the beta test program for SP2. Microsoft released "Release Candidate 1" a couple of days ago, so the final version will probably be ready in about 1 or 1.5 months (my estimate based on past experience, not actually based on released dates).

I personally haven't found any problems with SP2, but it does make some major changes to the system, so I would not advise installing a beta unless you are willing to spend time repairing your system. The only problem I did find is that my Phone software (software supplied with P800) would not connect to my phone using the early betas. This seems to have been fixed now.

There are nice features though, such as pop up blocking in IE, Automatic Updates being on by default, and a new Security Advisor which checks you have Auto Update (might be wrong about this, I am not at home to check) turned on, have a firewall & antivirus software running. If you don't, you get nagged.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote