View Single Post
Old 27-09-2009, 00:11   #25
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Stopping smoking support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy View Post
I stopped early, as my doctors were being a complete Pain in the Bottom about filling the repeat prescription, I was told that I'd have to see a doctor every time, which was impossible due to working.
I mentioned this to the lady from the stop smoking clinic, and she said that there had been lots of complaints about my doctors doing this.

I still have the occasional smoking dream, where I wake up in the morning with a tight chest, wondering if I did smoke the day before, and when out with mates who still smoke I do get tempted, but I just keep saying to myself "you have made it this far, don't go and do something stupid now"
GP's can be obnoxious so and so's and I do wonder sometimes if they actually want their patients to quit! But thats another story. We have one or two who simply won't supply it, they don't have to. They always use the excuse of safety but tbh NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) would pull it straight away if there were any worrying issues and its very closely monitored. I think its more about money. A course generally costs £160, if you put this into context of less heathcare required in future by that person should they succesfully quit - its a no brainer!

Back to you though, you are doing great. Be sure to speak to them in the stop smoking service if you feel as though you're slipping. Their job is as much about relapse prevention as it is about helping someone to quit
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote