View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 16:06   #1018
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Talent is talent wherever they t comes from. I work with a European Customer service team as part of my job and I would say that the 60+ EU born workers are amazing.

Interestingly, one of the managers in that team is Hungarian and her 18 year old brother came over to the UK to improve his English. He has never been out of a job. If he didn’t like a job, he quit and got another one in days, if not hours. All minimum wage of course. His impression of British 18 year old workers is not good. The sense of entitilement astonished him.
Well by definition you're seeing the highly motivated ones who've bothered to come to the UK for work not the rest. What's more a few years of living here and adjusting to all that 'entitlement' can have exactly the same effect on migrants as it does on our own who've grown up with that expectation. Anyone coming here from poorer countries is bound to perceive things as being far easier here than back home and the children of migrants who're born here are likely to have exactly the same expectations as those born of British parents.

Last edited by Osem; 03-12-2017 at 16:19.