View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 12:40   #1719
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post
Absolutely! Amazon and Sky already have them. Google Play will imminently. There is nothing stopping this, for movies Virgin have rights to, other than Virgin's lack of interest/investment.

It re-enforces the view that 4K is a tick-list item that came pretty much for free on the V6 and, as Virgin said themselves, they don't view 4K as important to their target customers. And it's hard to read that in any other way than Virgin accept premium TV customers are going to go to Sky anyway and they have more modest ambitions for their service. But I'm repeating myself, I'd better stop, or risk being thought a Sky plant!
So much negativity!
Virgin announced the Virgin Store yesterday, although it's not launching until February:
Quote:
Also launching in February is the new Virgin Media Store, an app for TiVo boxes and iOS and Android.
It's your familiar download-to-own store that'll stock movies and TV series not typically available on Virgin Media's content packages. Shows like Game of Thrones and Billions will be available out of the gate, as will movies in the first out-of-cinema window. Should you buy a movie, Virgin Media will also send you a physical copy of the film, mimicking Sky's Buy & Keep movie store.
I would expect VM to test demand for 4k by putting any 4k content in there, much like they did with 3D.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote