View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 17:51   #2537
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I do not disagree with you Chris it is involved and more complicated. What I was trying to put over was the fact that the repeal of the ECA 1973 would have to be debated by Parliament. Triggering of A50 does not. Catch 22.

Which comes first?

Surely Parliament should be pushing for a debate on repeal of the Act not the triggering of A50?

As EU rules state that membership will be ended 2yrs after triggering of A50 does that mean the ECA 1973 has no bearing on membership?

I can see a lot of dummies being spat out of the pram over the next coupple of years.
A50 states that countries wishing to leave must do so "in accordance with it's own constitutional process" if that constitutional process states that 72 mp's must stand on their heads and go wibble wobble then that would be what happens ,ours states Parliament must repeal the legislation that makes us part of the EU and since A50 is part of that process the high court has judged both must be done by Parliament .No catch 22