View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 12:28   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Initail phone battery charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Personally I charge to 100% run until about 40% then charge to 100% and use normally.
Regardless of my battery life I always charge overnight and in the 2 years I have had my s4 I have noticed no determination in the life or longevity of the battery.
Don't charge via USB as the amperage is to low to charge the battery within any amount of time, 2A at home and I use a 4A car charger.
Obviously this is my preference be it right or wrong.
Personally, I use a Sony clock radio with iPhone dock for my phone (this is mainly because it has nice speakers that I can use to watch videos in bed though). I use this for any other USB device that needs charging. I've only been using it since the beginning of the year, so can't comment on the long term advantages/disadvantages of it, but it can charge up to six devices at once, even tablets, at full speed. I'd be careful of using it on a multiplug adapter though. If you have a few USB devices plugged in it will supply up to 2.4 amps per USB socket. If you have six, it will supply up to 2 amps per socket. It does charge my iPad noticeably faster than the official charger.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote