View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 15:30   #36
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

OK, thanks for letting me know. The reason I ask is that we had a young man who started working in one of our Yorkshire venues as a glass collector whilst at college. He was 17 and, frankly, was a cheeky lippy young man! I took him under my wing and, upon leaving college, has turned out to be a thoroughly decent and well rounded young man.

I did have hopes of eventually training him up to be a venue manager, but, unfortunately, the recession has meant that we are now supernumerate with managers.

He found it difficult to get a job, but, eventually got a job working for VM through an agency (in Manchester I believe).

I put him in touch with VM as he has a keen interest in the company and it's products (bordering on obsessive lol). I'm sure he would want to join the employee only forum if he is allowed to as it would help him get to know people and allow him to indulge in his passion for VM!

He is openly gay, so I hope that doesn't cause any problems for him. I know there are now laws to protect the LGBT communities, but, in the real world, what is the VM record like in their treatment of gay staff?