View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 15:04   #34
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Those of you who have had any dealings with me know that I am very non-confrontational but I have to put my oar in here and say that I have been disgusted at the last posters attitude to the VM staff that he has tried to bully in this thread.

I have often found, in my professional life, that some of the worst bullies I came across believed that they were above such behavior and seemed to assume that their approach was a form of "constructive criticism." It worries me that he is therefore "responsible for the anti bullying strategy within our organisation"

I certainly would not like to see the thread closed due to his attitude as the staff effected will need all our support as I understand that many are employed by a third party who has no incentive to help them find alternative employment within VM.
Bullying and reacting to rudeness are two completely different things.

You are correct in your understanding about the position of employees working in an outsourced capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
As recognised Virginmedia staff we have a private section of this forum as per most other forums so we can go there instead as it is actually somewhere we can air our views and I thank the forum team for letting us have the use of that section until we are no longer employees, excluding anyone employed elsewhere.
I didn't know that Masque! I think it's a really good idea to have a private place on the forum for VM staff to privately air views that may not necessarily
be appropriate in the public domain. Are those working for VM via agencies allowed to join, or is it just for staff directly employed by VM?