View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 14:21   #31
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

My point was, that if s/he feels comfortable speaking to others like that in an internet forum, what is to be expected in the workplace?

It could be argued that s/he may be able to control their outbursts at work towards colleagues and/or customers. This would mean that the attitude is still present, but masked, and, in my view this is just as bad as the behaviour itself!

What on earth is to be gained by identifying oneself as a VM employee and then being rude to someone who has identified themselves as a VM personal and business customer?

As previously explained, we are in the worst recession in living memory. It is imperative that ALL staff do all they can to keep existing customers and attract new ones. If this does not happen, you can expect more redundancies at VM.

For the record, I am anti bullying and, in fact, am the director responsible for the anti bullying strategy within our organisation. Coincidentally, I am currently working from home and reviewing our treatment of LGBT staff.

And no, I don't need my ego, or anything else for that matter, to be stroked by yourself

I think it would be a good idea to keep this thread as a place for staff to share information and/or seek support who are affected (or think they may be affected by) the Albert Dock closure.