View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 16:55   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Freesat sales top 2 million

Ah, right. I'd quite like to have a recorder myself. We have a basic Freesat box in our guest bedroom upstairs, and an unsubscribed Sky box downstairs. They're both attached to the dish Sky installed for us, 7 years ago, although I swapped the mono-LNB on the dish for a quad-LNB, so I could run two boxes now, and with a view to upgrading ours to a recorder later (that requires two attachments to the LNB).

Apparently a new generation of internet-enabled Freesat boxes are due to start appearing in 2012, so as long as my venerable Sky box keeps on chugging, we will stick with it and keep bringing the computer through to the lounge to watch catch-up TV on iPlayer.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote