View Single Post
Old 23-08-2010, 22:13   #19
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
"Calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes" I believe is the usual line given......
what - when you sign up to a phone service with TalkTalk? Is that the sort of "usual line given"? A line with a recorder stuck to it? I don't think I'll be ordering one of those any time soon. ;-) I've heard that one when I RING an organisation like TalkTalk- but I don't expect them to do it to all my calls via their retail telephone service. "traffic" I think was the word used. Not "calls to our support line". TalkTalk actually route a lot of their customer landline phone traffic via VOIP in a way that is transparent to the landline user - who is not actually aware they are using VOIP (at least that is what TalkTalk say on their website). Fine - but if it also involves "recording our phone traffic" then I think TalkTalk customers might be a bit upset as they quite reasonably don't expect anyone to be recording their phone calls - for the very good reason that no one warned them that would be happening. But then no one told them about the STalkSTalk service either. Or of course Mr Dorsman could just be being very careless with his language. In which case one wonders why he is fronting this PR initiative. He needs to be a lot more careful when he chooses his words.
Rchivist is offline   Reply With Quote