View Single Post
Old 20-04-2005, 18:31   #1
Haret
Inactive

Haret is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4 router to the internet

Hello, I'm new to the boards but they were recommended to me since apparently the help here is great.

I bought a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4 router last Saturday in hope to achieve splitting the internet connection between 3 computers in the household. 2 of these computers use Windows XP Professional Edition while the other uses the Home Edition.

I followed the installation instructions on the manual precisely for both meothds of installation (USB and Ethernet) and was successful in achieveing a network between the compters. What I wasn't able to achieve was to get an internet connection. Since the router has a built in ADSL modem, the data LED on the router kept flashing at odd intervals and sometimes it wouldn't light up for a couple of minutes, in the other hand, the other LED's for the power, ADSL line as well the computers networked were lighting perfectly and constantly.

I accessed the manual configuration via the IP address provided and followed some instructions I found online, sadly, no difference. The router also came with a driver disk for the USB installation method. The CD also contained a "Quick Setup" option for the Ethernet and USB, I tried to use that too but again, no pleasing results.

I just want to know: how can I configure the router to allow me to get online?
Haret is offline   Reply With Quote