View Single Post
Old 22-05-2012, 09:22   #5004
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My happy thought is that they've stopped terrestrial TV here so I thought I'd see if the TV in the kitchen's freeview would work on the old antenna that's falling to bits. It's looped into the RF output of the VM box so it shows those channels but it's nice to be able to have separate programs on the two+ tvs. No sweat, all channels at 70 to 80% signal. Looks like those arround me whove sported out on fancy shiny antenna's have wasted their money.
Slight OT but I just wanted to say that this was my experience too. My terrestrial signal was terrible (we live in a bit of a "dip" here in Knaresbrough, so "line of sight to transmitter" isn't brilliant) so I assumed I'd need a new aerial. But I didn't worry too much about it as I have cable; so FV was just a backup anyway. I am happy to report, though, that I am getting a fantastic FV signal
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote