View Single Post
Old 21-09-2011, 17:35   #29
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Ugly exterior cable installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizza View Post
End result: either Virgin or ourselves take down the black cabling. If anyone here wants fibre optic, we'll subscribe to BT Infinity.
Are you speaking on behalf of all the residents, or just yourself?

Have you asked the same questions to BT that you should have asked Virgin?

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Quote:
Like I said. I wasn't aware that Virgin only used black cables. I foolishly assumed some kind of asthetic installation standard would be adhered to.
So you are now admitting that you "foolishly assumed". So in fact that means that is was your fault for assuming.

You also said that yours was the only block in the road to not have Virgin. So wouldn'y it have made sense to have a look at the other blocks rather than just assimg that Virgin would have to cover every possible eventuality, just because some people "foolishly assume".

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Quote:
Does everyone on here work for Virgin or something?
No, most of us don't. But we can all see that you are trying to push the blame onto Virgin, because you got it wrong, and "foolishly assumed".

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
When exactly should this warning be given?
When you phone up to arrange it without stating that your building is white and in a conservation area?
Or after they've turned up to install it and see it's a white building, and when, by your own admission, no one was in the building?

VM are not psychic, they don't have a database of white buildings. This was something you should have sorted out, as you're the one that knows your building has special requirements.
I'd give up. Kizza is never going to admit that it is their fault, because they "foolishly assumed"

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Quote:
I'm surprised that VM don't have procedures in place to avoid wasting their money.
That would be easy. They can charge you for the install if you now decide they have wasted their time.