View Single Post
Old 21-09-2011, 16:18   #28
Kizza
Inactive

Kizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ugly exterior cable installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
When exactly should this warning be given?
When you phone up to arrange it without stating that your building is white and in a conservation area?
Or after they've turned up to install it and see it's a white building, and when, by your own admission, no one was in the building?

VM are not psychic, they don't have a database of white buildings. This was something you should have sorted out, as you're the one that knows your building has special requirements.
The building was surveyed several months before the installation, and they took photographs. So they would have known it was a white building and had ample time and opportunity to inform us that black cabling would criss cross the outside.

No need for them to be psychic.

The thing is, as customers we have been left in a position where we are contemplating removing all the cables. How is this efficient business practice by Virgin? ie: their own interests have not been served.

If they warned us, we would have said "oh ok well in that case we cannot have the cables, thanks anyway, cheerio" etc.

I'm surprised that VM don't have procedures in place to avoid wasting their money.

And, like I've said about 5 times, I did not know Virgin only used black cable. How can I know that? I'm not one of you guys who does this every day for a living or work in the business and have prior knowledge about these matters.

Anyway, I haven't spoken to anybody at VM yet... they're getting back to me, so hopefully something can be worked out.