View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019, 22:18   #1
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point
IOS TV Control app - VERY SLOW

I use the Virgin IOS TV Control app, which is extremely slow & very frustrating, especially on initial connection.

I have been using for some years (?) and I think it has really slowed down relatively recently. For me after about 20 seconds, a white band appears with the word “Connecting” on it and then after another 30-40 seconds, (and these times are typical for me) I will finally be able to see the TV Guide. From then on, it normally functions well and I find it very useful, whether at home or elsewhere.

At home, I have Vivid 200 Broadband, 2 x V6 boxes and I am using the app on an iPhone 6s Plus, which while not the latest & greatest, runs all other apps very quickly indeed so I don’t find the opening performance of this particular app acceptable. It doesn’t do Virgin Media and their customer satisfaction ratings any favours when it appears that this app is being neglected of performance and latest phone support updates.

Must do better!