View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 18:30   #3583
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
People can't drive.

They don't know how to use roundabouts. They don't have any lane awareness. They don't ensure the junction is clear before driving out into it. They don't obey the unspoken filter method when two lanes converge into one (i.e one car from each lane in turn). Worst of all they're either going too fast or too slow (relative to me who is going at exactly the perfect speed at all the time).
Too many people drive and our public transport is crap.

I was in Italy last week ( thankfully avoiding the earthquakes!). It was bliss, empty roads, fast transfers from the airport. I took a 15 mile train journey each day, cost 2 Euros, electric line, decent train reliable and on time. Its a state run system. Compare that to our privatised shambles. The same length journey I take in the UK is on a clapped out, overcrowded 1970's diesel 'train', that is frequently late - cost £12. Maybe having a transport system based on service, not profit, would get more off the roads.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote