Thread: VM in New House
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 16:16   #9
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: VM in New House

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinewave View Post
My understanding from the site electrician is that the "shotgun" cable is fed into the house to the lounge area where it is split to the 2 output points, Data & RF.

vm_tech
"Don't use any of those splitters. And be wary of cable. Air blown/honeycomb coax causes all sorts of grief"

Can you offer a splitter option that I could use. Alternatively, I suppose that I could directly connect the extension cable at the VM outlet (using F type connectors is perhaps possible). This could remain concealed within the outlet and behind the dry lining.

What are thoughts on using WT100 coax as an alternative to the "shotgun" option.

Rgds
Shotgun shouldn't be.

it should be fed into a brown Omni box outside your house.

then from that Omni box it splits telecom and coax as 2 separate cables.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote