View Single Post
Old 13-10-2004, 10:43   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Copying copyright DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES
i dont do this yet as perfect 1:1 copies cant always be done yet
Yes they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES
..and yes im picky and hate reencodes
even dl dvds wont help yet as hollywood dvd 9's are 9.4 gig is it ? and normal dl dvds are just over 8 gig
The size of an original DVD varies with the film and or extras that are on it. I'd say that the average size of dvd's in my collection (original ones) is around 7gb

My dvd writer can record up to 8.4gb so I can do 'perfect copies' if I wanted to - not that I WOULD of course, unless it was copies of my home video dvd's, yeah that's right

I've never seen a dvd-10 (9.4gb) dvd yet, but even so - I bet most of that would be taken up with extras or commentaries

http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/DVD/Book_A/Specs.html has some info about dvd sizes...
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote