View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017, 12:06   #2160
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Why are you not labelling Bush Jnr and Bush Snr money grabbers as well?
I never said that they weren't, they are not recent, so never had the reason to bring them up, not a fan of either of them or Jeb Bush who ran in the Primaries in 2016 US Election.

Let's look at what each current living President earns or has earned per paid for speech, after leaving office... Starting with the President that earns the least.

Quote:
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States.

Former President Jimmy Carter "seldom accepts speaking fees," The Associated Press wrote in 2002, "and when he does he typically donates the proceeds to his charitable foundation." His fee for speaking about healthcare, government and politics, and retirement and aging was listed at $50,000 at one time, though.

Carter was openly critical of Ronald Reagan at one time, though, for taking $1 million for a single speech. Carter said he'd never take that much, but added quickly: "I've never been offered that much."

"That's not what I want out of life," Carter said in 1989. "We give money. We don't take it."
Quote:
George Bush Snr, 41st President of the United States.

Former President George H.W. Bush - who, oddly enough, wasn't fond of speaking in public - was said to charge between $50,000 and $75,000 per speech. And that's according to his son, the 43rd president of the United States. “I don’t know what my dad gets, but it’s more than 50, 75,” the younger Bush told author Robert Draper.

And no, he wasn't talking $50 or $75.
Quote:
George Bush Jnr, 43rd President of the United States.

Former President George W. Bush earns between $100,000 and $175,000 per speech and is considered one of the most prolific speech-makers in modern politics.

The news source Politico has documented Bush's appearances on the speaking circuit and found he's been the keynote in at least 200 events since leaving office.

Do the math. That amounts to at least $20 million and as much as $35 million in speaking fees he's raked in. Though it should come as no surprise given his stated intention upon leaving off to “replenish the ol’ coffers.”
Quote:
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States.

Former President Bill Clinton has made the most of any modern president on the speaking circuit. He gives dozens of speeches a year and each brings in between $250,000 and $500,000 per engagement, according to published reports. He also earned $750,000 for a single speech in Hong Kong in 2011.

In the decade or so after Clinton left office, from 2001 through 2012, he made at least $104 million in speaking fees, according to an analysis by The Washington Post.

Clinton makes no bones about why he charges so much.

“I gotta pay our bills,” he told NBC News.
Source: https://www.thoughtco.com/former-pre...g-fees-3368127

And $104 Million is just what Bill has earned, his other half, Hillary charges extortionate sums too and she was only U.S Secretary of State for a number of years.

Barack Obama, is already said to have earned $800,000 in paid for speeches since leaving office, his speaking fee is said to be around $400,000. Which is what he was paid for, in a 90 Minute Wall Street speech, earlier this year.

It's a very lucrative life, it seems once leaving office.