View Single Post
Old 16-07-2017, 21:55   #1778
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Sigh. SSDD.

No date was set, or was ever set. No official date has ever been set or given. No promises have ever been made.

It doesn't need a President to come to arrange trade deals. But it would be courteous to extend a invitation, as there are just as many people who would welcome the President as those who don't.

If we can allow the Chinese President to come, with all the trimmings, with a civilisation with dubious human rights records, we can allow President Donald J Trump to come and yes, I would have said same if Hillary Clinton had won, as crooked as I think the Clintons come.
Firstly, I agree with you that we should allow Trump to visit. He's certainly not the worst leader to visit the UK by a long mile. He may not go down too well with the Royal Family for his comments about Lady Diana and his ignorance of global warming but they've hard far worse guests to entertain.

I do have a couple of sighs I'm afraid though. Sorry.
Sigh No.1 The pesky mainstream media reported back in January 2017 that Trump had agreed to visit this year.
Sigh No. 2 No one has said the President needs to visit the UK to arrange trade deals, that's a straw man. I'll reiterate the point I made. If a small promise is not kept then the chances of a large promise like a trade deal is reduced.