View Single Post
Old 17-11-2023, 22:48   #4399
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Could have been worse - O2 can charge £7 per megabyte there.
When the details were emerging at first I was slightly sympathetic - nobody knew the rates being charged but a search indicates that EE on some tariffs can go as far as that.

At approx 1.5GB bad timing of some app updates or an iOS update would easily take you into that ballpark.

However the breakdown by day was pretty damning.

As Chris alludes to in the post above - someone somewhere should have thought 11 grand would stand out. Approximately doubling the whole bill for Parliament in a year, it doesn't take too many FOI requests to get to who and when. A free dice roll for some journalists or opposition researchers.

If my organisation claimed I'd used up hundreds of pounds of mobile use - never mind thousands - my first instinct would be to find out where and when. So the idea it took until last Thursday for his 'family to own up' stretches credibility. Would he not raise the figure with his family and whether he should pay it when first approached?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote