View Single Post
Old 22-04-2005, 11:40   #4
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Slow filling cistern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredWebWarrior
Some toilets have 'quiet' fill systems - i.e. they fill slowly to keep the noise down. Others have the ball-valves badly adjusted, so that they don't open up properly. Typically, when the washer starts going some people will bend the float arm to force the valve to shut off. This also reduces the opening on filling.

Now I think that toilets are normally fed off mains pressure water - wonder if these are being fed by a header tank? That's pretty low pressure.

Alternatively, are there stop-cocks for the cisterns? Maybe these haven't been fully opened in an attempt to regulate the relatively high mains pressure?
These ones used to fill up fast, but now they don't, and they make a lot of noise whilst doing it.

It probably is like Mr T says, and the pipes are just clogged - I was just hoping there would be a simple solution, cos it's doin' me head in!
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote